Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 23, 2010

When the Lord Teaches

All things are Possible when the Lord is teaching us. I often tell my children about the things of God. I find all sorts of ways to weave His beautiful wisdom into the hearts of my children. If you are like me, we expect we might be able to pick the fruit of that wisdom by Monday of next week. I recently heard someone tell me about the Bamboo tree. Plant it and for five years you will care for it, water it and see nothing for your efforts. WHAT! Nothing! I think I would have thought I had failed to get through to my little Bamboo plant.

But what I could not see was how the roots were growing deep and wide for those five years. Then after the 5th year, the bamboo tree will grow 90 FEET in 30 days. Yes, you heard that right! 90 feet. It made me think about all the love and care that went into the plant with out seeing any results for 1825 days (5 years). If I didn't know how God had created the Bamboo plant, I might have pulled it up and throw it out. Given Up!!

I need to see my children like the Bamboo tree. I can do all the watering and fertilizing but it is up to God to grow them to produce fruit. I am being asked to trust my heavenly Father. When the Lord teaches me, I am showing my kids a really amazing thing. I can trust my Lord, I must patient and He will finish what He started.

No comments:

Post a Comment