Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hope the boy listens now.

Hi my name is Joanna. I am in the 4th grade. I love horses and bubblegum. I want to share a time when I told a little boy at the grocery store about the Hedge Of Thorns. We were shopping in the produce section when my mom saw a young boy trying to climb out of the cart. My mom rushed over seeing his mom busy with picking out veggies. She quickly made him sit down properly. When this caught my eye, I hurried over. Then the mom turned around to witness the trouble happening.
" He never seems to listen to me, I tell him to sit and he won't". His mom said. My mom struck a conversation with the lady. When all of a sudden there was little voice behind them...me! I began to tell our adventures at the park and the reading of the Hedge Of Thorns. The boy listened very carefully and seemed to understand. Not only did it effect the boy, but also his mom. When I was done the boy said "Thank you very much". The lady said with appreciation "Thank you". I grab my moms hand and we were on our way.

I have learned that this can really effect someone by just hearing something I could use. It is a great book to read to your children. When they are not listening or are leading someone else into danger, they might think about this story. Thank you. I am now going to have a piece of gum.

No comments:

Post a Comment