Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It Was Worth My Time.

Hi my name is Emma. I am 11 yrs old and in the 6th grade. My mom asked me to write a blog about my perspective of A Stranger At Home. This book is very heart- felt and what I call a "crying" book. I like this book because it tells us that we need to be humble and we need to take "no" as an answer. I didn't think I was going to like this story at first, just because it was written in the 1800s'. But it was worth listening to.

If I had decided to refuse to listen. I would have never change the way I think about receiving the answer "no". When I hear the answer "no", I don't take it very well. All I need to think about is that God has a purpose for it. If I do this it makes me feel better so I can have fun with my family, instead, of being the person no one wants to be around.

I also learned that being humble is important in this story and in life. The main character in the book is figuring out that if she would have been humble none of her troubles would have happened. I think that children around my age would love to hear A Stranger At Home. Don't forget to build a fort.

No comments:

Post a Comment